Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summer!

I just finished my 4th semester of nursing school and I get the summer off before my final semester in the Fall.  It has been so long since I have had a summer that I scarcely know what to do with myself.  Well, it will be filled with sewing, quilting, crocheting, cooking, and reading.  Yes, reading.  On Monday, I took my last 2 finals, and when I was getting ready for bed that night, I realized that it is summer and I can read again.  See, I had started getting into reading again, but I wouldn't let myself start another book so close to finals.  So now I can read, and the great dilemma is WHAT to read.


Newly acquired books that I am eager to read.  I have read Redeeming Love once before, but it was several years ago.

My mom gave me the Anne of Green Gables boxed set several years ago but I have never gotten around to reading them.

I did get halfway through LOTR one time.  It took me a year.  But I was very out-of-practice in reading.  You know what they say, "use it or lose it!"  So, I have ambitions to read The Hobbit and LOTR.

Another set my mom gave me hoping I would read them.  She read a couple of these books to us when we were growing up.  I will read them, eventually.  Really, though, pioneer days are like a magic world to me, so these will definitely get read!
 I ended up choosing Multiple Bles8ings by the Gosselins.  I have been wanting to read it for quite some time now, and I actually got a copy at Dollar Tree.  I guess it was no longer a best seller after the divorce.  It makes me so sad.  But I am watching the show right now, and I just started the book, and I am going to let myself pretend that they still are happy and in love, even though we all know different.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent book choices! :) I have to admit, I'm kind of jealous for the kind of free time you have to read all of those, hehe.

    I hope your summer is everything you hope for!

    ReplyDelete