Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Coffee Creamer

My aunt bought some coffee creamer at HEB, I think it was Coffee Mate All-Natural Vanilla.  Don't quote me on the name, I am not sure it is correct.  But it was something along those lines.  It was yummy, and I was inspired to make my own.  It turned out well, and I just made a second batch to freeze for later.  Here is my recipe:

1/4 cup raw cane sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw brand.  Raw cane sugar is better for you than processed granulated sugar, and it has a better flavor.)

3/4 cup heavy cream

1 cup milk (I use 2% but skim would work fine)

1 TBSP vanilla (I use the real stuff, not the imitation.  It makes a big difference.)

Mix this all together in a one-pint jar, and you are done!  The sugar WILL dissolve into the mixture.  I was not sure at first if it would completely dissolve in something that cold, but give it a little bit of time and it will.  Shake before using (just the same as you would with a store-bought creamer), and ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment